Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Is it possible that I am here?



After all of the months and months of planning, I can finally call New Orleans my home! I have a great house in an awesome neighborhood with cool roommates! I start work on Friday but until then, I have no worries!

So I arrived, barely, with one checked suitcase, and one carry on. My checked bag weighed a perfect 48.5 pounds, it could only weigh 50 pounds or I’d have to pay an extra $50! So I arrived, and walked into my room, to find it was huge! The only furniture I really have is a queen sized airmatress, which is also bigger than I imagined! The cool thing is that it deflates itself, and has like 2.5 layers so it is about the same height of a regular bed! Shortly after I arrived, two packages came in containing my bed sheets and pillows and towels and hangers! It was so perfect!

So I've been running around, exploring the area, and all is well! I will hopefully upload more pictures of my house on my photo page soon, and keep y'all updated. Until then, Bon Temps Roulez!

Peace
Amanda

2 comments:

Robin Marie said...

Amanda I'm so proud of youuuuuuuuuu!! And So SO SOO excited:) Congrats and I can't wait to come visit!

Amanda said...

O you would never guess what I found down the street from me... A bead store! That's it! I found the reason for you to move here! You could work at the bead store and eventually take over the library! Hope all is well! -peace