Monday, June 9, 2008

Spike Lee's When The Levees Broke

So tonight I finished watching Spike Lee's When the Levees Broke and all I can say is wow.

I started watching the film when I returned the first time from New Orleans, Louisiana with my Habitat for Humanity campus chapter in New Paltz. We all had gone to New Orleans together, and watching it together was apart of the whole experience. We never got to see Act 4, which is what I just completed.

I feel the need to sleep on the information that I have just ingested, and will type more clearly on the subject tomorrow.

I'm now going to go continue reading The Great Deluge by Douglas G Brinkley, which I'm sure I will discuss in the near future.

Yes New Orleans has taken over my life and has been in control since September, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Peace
Amanda

No comments: