Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Falcon Ridge storm

So the reason for me not posting for a while has been the fact that I've been bouncing around festival to festival. My most recent festival was Falcon Ridge Folk Festival in Hillsdale, NY. It was a total blast, especially the dance party to Gandalf Murphy and the Slambovian Circus of Dreams!

So on Sunday, it was not looking so good, weather wise, but I was sitting outside of our vending tent, my friends runs a kick ass jewelry business called SOASA designs, check it out at http://soasadesigns.com/, but any way, I'm sitting outside reading The Great Deluge, and all of a sudden, the skies open up ( of course someone had to make a comment about me bringing the book to the festival and then storm... ) We ran into our small easy up, and held on for dear life. There was like 15 minutes of heavy rain, big hail, and high winds. In the end, the water was up to our knees, but overall, we were ok. We were safe, but a little scared. After we opened up the tent after the storm, we discovered that some of our neighbor's were completely destroyed. There tents had not survived the storm and were twisted up like pipe cleaners. There were also two big white circus tents that had collapsed.

The festival was cancelled, and we all got home some how, but it was definitely an adventure.

So this is my apology for not writing for so long, but hopefully I will pick it up again now that the festivals are over and there are
11 days left until I leave for NOLA! I can't wait!

Peace
Amanda

No comments: